Monday, March 8, 2010

In The Neighborhood (Slice of Life Story Day Eight)

With the sun finally shining on us my husband and I took the advantage to get outside and take a walk.  This wasn't any walk though.  It was our first walk in our new neighborhood!  We moved into our first house the last weekend of November and since then the weather hasn't been fit for walking outside.  I couldn't help but think of Mister Roger's song as we stepped out for our walk.

We noticed some things on our walk that could be called "uncovered treasures" popping up from beneath the melting snow.  It was kind of funny to see random things lying around waiting to be discovered by the proper owners that have been covered for a long time under that thick blanket of snow.

Here's a taste of what we saw:
1.  Holiday decorations on lawns
2.  School project about Sharks
3.  Skateboard
4.  Upside down recycling bin (with lots of snow still around it so we now it was not newly placed there)
5.  a few beverage cans

So check your lawns people and see if there is anything out there waiting for you to discover after the snow has melted!

4 comments:

  1. We must be on the same wavelength... my slice (http://slicesofmy2010life.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/early-spring-walk-a-lap-by-lap-slice/) is so similar.

    I, too, noticed a lot of junk around. Specifically, a lot of it blew into the wooded part of our backyard. However, there's a big drop, so I'm not sure how quickly we're going to be able to pick it all out. Maybe the plants will cover it up in another month. (Wishful thinking!)

    SAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool photo op... Great to document your first walk in your new neighborhood with a Slice!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - I have recently been hunting for my first home, and this has been my biggest fear! Not only do I fear what the melting snow will uncover in potential new yards of my own, but what about what it will uncover about my potential neighbors??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kind of Slice -- a wandering eye style of observation.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete